Friday, November 11, 2011

how simply being a lady makes kids think you can get them dinner: a cautionary tale

i'm pretty sure kids just look at grownups and judge them based on the perceived likelihood that the adult in question might provide them with snacks. children seem to see me and think, "hey, she has boobs, i bet she can get me dinner." i don't know how to make them stop.

the boy, for example. i was taking a shower. the child was in the living room with his father. he walks past his father, through the house, and shouts through the bathroom door that he is hungry. while i'm in the shower. and his dad is in the room he was in. while i'm in the freaking shower.

seriously.

i am a lady. i am the provider of food.

but it's gonna be health food.

that'll teach him.

1 comment:

  1. Hahahahaha. I thought I was the only one to whom this happens. My son will be in the living room with his dad, and *still* walk to wherever I am in the house to ask for food. I think your boobs = dinner concept is correct. :)

    ReplyDelete